Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

July 10, 2007

The End of an Era

If you can recall, my last "non-local" meal before entering the Eat Local Challenge, it was a prime rib and salad dinner at the Fifth Quarter in Nashville. The deal is, I love prime rib, and the 65 item salad bar is always fun. I thought that I probably would not eat there again until next year, but we happened to be driving by, and I decided that I wanted one of my birthday dinner's next month to be at the Fifth Quarter because they were the best makers of a rare prime rib.

But this is what we found. I guess the charm of the original 1970's decor and Gallo wine wasn't holding the modern diner captive. There are few other steak houses in downtown and the west end of town, some which are quite expensive, some that are chains, and all of them that I have been to cannot make a good rare prime rib like the Fifth Quarter. OK folks, I guess I gotta move on. Sorry Fifth Quarter, sorry to see you go.

technorati tagged with:

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7/11/07, 11:25 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

That really stinks when a favorite place closes down. This keeps happening for us with Indian restaurants!

 
At 7/11/07, 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey CM, thanks for the thoughts. It was kind of a "cheesy 70s" place, but really the prime rib was the best in town. Oh well, I guess I will have to eat healthier now, and not eat prime rib in Nashville.

 
At 7/12/07, 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer - but on the positive side, we found a decent "basic Mexican" plae in East Nashville. Best Carnitas I have ever had, but they don't actually serve vegetables with it...

BTW - I have your Maple Syrup ready for the taking. Ready for it?

Looks like Mark and I will soon spend much more time at Center Hill Lake - it hs the best swimming we have found so far in Tennessee...

 
At 7/13/07, 5:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, do tell your secret Mexican place! Ehh, what is in a veggie when chips and salsa are available?

OMG! TJMS?! REALLY! AHHHHH! OK! WHERE, WHEN, HOW?!

 
At 7/16/07, 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we should meet for shrimp cocktail at Las Maracas on Gallatin :-). I just sent Tarzana home with her new mommy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home