Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

September 17, 2012

Pizza Bread


Visiting my pal, working wife and mom of 3 active kids in school and sports, there isn't a lot of time left in the day to put a hot meal on the table every night, and provide excellent snacks everyday.   It is amazing to me that my pal does put a hot meal on the table everyday, and had decent snacks for the kids after school on top of all the other working stuff she does.  She is an awesome working mom!  One good snack my pal makes that I think is awesome is Pizza Bread!  It can be served hot or cold, and is a real time saver that way.  It is fast, easy and the kids love it!  

Prep: 10 minutes tops; bake 25 min at 350F or until golden brown

1.  Get pizza dough, make pizza dough, or use frozen bread dough.  If you using frozen bread dough, take it out of the freezer in the morning, and let it rise all day, and it will be ready to use when you get home from work.
2.  Roll out dough on a jelly roll pan.
3.  Put fillings down the center of the bread dough leaving room at the ends and sides.  My pal just used what she had in the house, some tomato sauce, sliced ham, cheese, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
4.  Slice the dough on the edges like a wide feather.  
5.  Fold the ends of the dough up over the stuffing, and fold the feathered dough up and over in a weave pattern (as seen above).
6.  Bake at 350F for 20 - 25 min.
7.  Cool.  Cut into slices and enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 9/22/12, 11:23 AM, Blogger William said...

Oh, this is great! I'm making this with my nieces :-)

 
At 9/25/12, 3:23 PM, Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this looks really delicious and easy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home