Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

November 24, 2007

Thanks!

Thank you neighbors.
Yeah, this is one of the best Tgivings I have ever had. It was a small gathering of just 3 sets of neighbors. It was quiet and relaxing. We sat back with the 3 dogs and 3 cats. We rose a glass to cheers and here here. It was so nice, time got away from us, and before we knew it, it was nearly midnight. I am thankful for such wonderful neighbors, and such a lovely evening.

Back when we first moved on this street, there were a bunch of neighbors who would do a "pick-up" potluck dinner on Sunday night, as a way to clean out the fridge, and hangout as stress relief before the work week started again. The dogs would run around looking for treats, the grill would be cooking something tasty, and we sit outside hoping that these community dinners would continue on. As time goes by, and life circumstances happen, we all had to abandon the potluck dinners. We missed some of the neighbors who have moved away or who have passed on, but the few of us held tight on this Thanksgiving evening. It was like being back in the good old days, and I just soaked it all in.

the stuffing and the turkey

the stuffing and tofurkey

the potatoes with saffron

the bounty

the fruit salad in the bright blue bowl

the cheese plate

my dinner

choco reddi wip, uh what do I say about this product?

their grandpa's 16 yr old Framberry digestif and grandma's clock

7 Comments:

At 11/25/07, 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you at our cocktail event yesterday - want to reschedule a visit? I just picked up a WHOLE PIG from Peaceful Pastures and we are going to begin building a smoke house next weekend to smoke the ham and bacon... In case you are using my other email, best to correspond with nicolesauce at gmail as my nysara account has been spotty.

 
At 11/25/07, 11:00 AM, Blogger Eric and Katie said...

Looks like a lovely day. Hey, that tofurkey looks pretty good. We picked one up at Whole Foods after Thanksgiving to give it a try. Yours looks like you did something to baste it or herb it up a bit? Any tips for us?

 
At 11/26/07, 7:54 AM, Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, how wonderful! All that scrumptious food makes me hungry!

Cheers,

Rosa

 
At 11/26/07, 2:01 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

I tried a Tofurkey last year. Or maybe it was Quorn turkey. But it got overcooked and tossed out, so I just eat side dishes which is always plenty of food. No turkey=more room for dessert!

 
At 11/27/07, 10:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi NS, I am so sorry that I missed the party! I want to see your the smoke house. I am just amazed at the work you 2 are doing!

HI Eric and Katie, I gotta say, I prefer tofurkey over turkey! Well, the neighbors made it, and I know that they sprinkle herbs etc on it as if it were a turkey. I wish I knew what they did. I put an email in to them, and I hope to hear back from them, and I will let you know. I liked this tofurkey so much, I suggested that if we want something like turkey, that we get a tofurkey.

Hi Rosa, It all was quite scrumptious! It makes me hungry to see the photos again too. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lesley, I see you have the right idea, ixnay on the filler stuff and leave more room for the good stuff like dessert!

 
At 11/28/07, 5:43 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

What do you say about chocolate Redi-Whip? I say, send it to me!!! :-)

 
At 11/28/07, 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Cheb's Mom, you open your mouth and I will squirt the choco Redi Wip for you! LOL :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home