Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

July 31, 2010

Conjoined Twin Corn

I got local organic corn. It began to rain rather hard, so we did not start the grill to roast the corn in the husk outside. Instead, we had to do plan B, and shuck the corn and then boil it up. As I was shucking this one ear, I saw there was this little ear of corn growing in the husk of the big ear of corn, there was another little corn spot on the other side of the big ear of corn, and the big ear of corn kernels were all messed up. Altogether there were 3 ears of corn in one husk. I was a bit freaked out about this situation, I got the willies, and I got a chill down my spine. Needless to say, I was freaked out enough to throw the food out before I cooked it. I usually don't like to waste food, and I did. I also usually compost all veggie waste, and this freaked me out so much, I tossed it in the trash.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Have you gotten conjoined corn? I know, it is lame to be freaked out by an ear of corn with 2 other little corns.

7 Comments:

At 8/1/10, 12:30 PM, Anonymous ModFruGal said...

That's a first for me...but does it make me weird to think "yea! baby corn..3 for one!" I guess maybe I should reconsider what's good and what's creepy?!

 
At 8/1/10, 6:48 PM, Anonymous Schnookie said...

Aww, poor creepy little baby corns! They taste so delicious, but look so freaky... :)

 
At 8/2/10, 5:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am still freaked out!

 
At 8/5/10, 1:26 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

That happened to me almost every time I got corn last year! I won't tell you what I called them. My husband did not approve.

(Okay, I called them Jessie Garon--Elvis fans will know what I'm talking about and likely be appalled).

 
At 8/7/10, 8:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lesley, did you eat both baby corns and the regular corns? Ok, so it is not so strange to have conjoined twin corn then.

 
At 7/4/11, 12:35 AM, Blogger builtlikethis said...

This just happened to me! I even had to google "conjoined twin corn" and found this page! So spooky and yet so intriguing!

 
At 8/14/13, 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got our first one ever. It's a bit freaky. Daughter is making a video of it as we speak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home