Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

October 5, 2011

Wild Fermentation Workshop!

Reserve Now!
Call 615-862-8580
Wild Fermentation Workshop
$15 for the cost of materials
Saturday October 8th, 1 - 3 pm
Beaman Park Nature Center
5911 Old Hickory Blvd
Ashland City, TN
(Bells Bend, Eatons Creek Area)

Photo of wine in bottles. The wine is made from grapes
Fermented with natural bacteria and yeast from the air.
Sandor Katz, famed author of Wild Fermentation, will be leading the workshop on Saturday. I have made various red wine varieties, I make diakon kim chee and yogurt, and I made (and still making) some red wine vinegar. I feel so accomplished making these at my home, but the reality is the bacteria are the ones doing all the work! I read a lot about making vinegar before I started, and it isn't that hard. I read Sandor Katz, Wild Fermentation. What I got from his book is that there are fermentation practices that have been going on for thousands of years because it is natures way. I can't wait to meet Sandor Katz and learn more about fermentation. I can't wait to learn how to make pickles! Mmm Pickles! See ya Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home