Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

November 12, 2016

Breakfast at Home

Breakfast at Home
Over Medium Egg,
Vegetable lamb bacon sauce
Grits


With my work schedule, it has been really hard to get home and cook.  I like to have time at home to cook because, I like cooking when I have the time, it saves money, I get to use good quality ingredients, and I get to use food I preserved from seasons prior.  It is the ultimate slow food.

My breakfast today was hearty, and farm house good. I think that if some of the nice brunch restaurants in Nashville served this dish, they could probably sell it for a healthy price because it tasted like a million bucks.  I will be eating this for lunch as well and tomorrows breakfast.  Just delicious!

Here is how I made this dish:

Grits:  Boil grits as directed.  Add organic cream, garum and organic cayenne (from my organic garden) to taste.

Egg:  Over medium local free range farm egg.

Vegetable lamb bacon sauce (make this ahead of time, like the day before):  Homemade preserved biodynamic tomato sauce (6 cups frozen from this summer) made with a variety of heirloom tomatoes (Bells Bend Farms), carrots and onions boiled to concentrate and pureed;  smoked Williamson County 4-H lamb bones (1+lb bones left over from dishes I got from City House); diced country ham (Clifty Farms); diced uncured apple wood smoked bacon; biodynamic diced onion, cubed beets, basil, garlic, and jalapenos (Barefoot Farmer); Sauvignon Blanc Knights Valley (1 cup Matanzas Creek Vineyard); toasted and ground pecans (Produce Place); and garum.  Dump all the ingredients into a slow cooker on high for 4 hours.  Pull out lamb bones.

Bon appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home