Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

July 20, 2007

Nosh


Noshville is in midtown Nashville, not too far away from Vanderbilt University, and a bunch of big hotels that support Vanderbilt and the Vanderbilt Medical Center. Noshville's theme is about the NOSH - a Yiddish word for snack or to eat a small meal, as long as you think a turkey platter full of food is a small meal. The plates of food here are huge, and include all the kosher favorites like pastrami, corned beef, and beef tongue. They also have lightly pickled dill pickles. They also serve breakfast items like corned beef hash, potato pancakes (latkes), eggs etc, but I have never had breakfast here.

One night I really wanted pastrami. I wanted hand sliced Pastrami with extra fat like you get at Katz Deli. Well, in Nashville, we can't get that. So, I settled for machine cut pastrami without the fat. I also wanted potato pancakes. And Noshville in Nashville has a sandwich that is a PPPLT, a Potato Pancake Pastrami Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich. It was surprisingly good, and it satisfied all that I yearned to nosh. The potato pancakes were crispy on the outside, and the lettuce gave a freshness to the heaviness of the fried potatoes and the pastrami. It was a well conceived sandwich by Noshville. I think they should patent the sandwich, so that all the other restaurants who make it have to call it the Noshville.


technorati tagged with:

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7/22/07, 9:50 AM, Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Cute...
Potato Pancake and chips/French fries?
That sandwich does look like it should be patented.... really, really, good!

 
At 7/22/07, 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is very good pastrami, and I was in heaven because the potato pancakes were excellent too!

 
At 7/23/07, 7:24 AM, Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh my God, that pastrami looks gorgeous! I dream of eating one of those since quite a time now...

 
At 7/23/07, 11:57 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh -- now THAT is a pastrami sandwich worth eating! That looks far superior to anything we can get around here; Noshville, where are you? And with latkes for the bread? Wowie!

Coincidentally I was going to post soon about a new place that opened here in town; we tried their pastrami sandwich yesterday and what a disappointment. Just awful. Think Carl Buddig. Ugh.

 
At 7/23/07, 6:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Rosa, if you come to Nashville, I will take you here for this sandwich.

Hello Lisa, Noshville is in Nashville. It is the real deal deli delicious. The pastrami gets flown in from the Carnegie Deli in New York. Thankfully, it is not flown in from the Carl Buddig factory. I am sorry to hear about your sandwich disappointment. :( There are plenty of those around here too.

 
At 7/24/07, 2:01 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Hey L!

I hope you know that your blog is one of the big reasons we're still contemplating a move to Tennessee!!! Because of places like Noshville, for sure.

 
At 7/24/07, 6:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Come on down! We need more transplants who love eating good food. Noshville's pastrami is yummy thanks to Carnegie Deli in NYC. They have a "Rachel" which is like a Rueben with pastrami instead of roast beef.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home