Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

June 4, 2006

Jack's Bar-B-Que in Nashville, TN

I will just come out and say it. Jack's is the BEST Bar-B-Que in Nashville. I mince no words, and I did type the BEST. That said, all words and photos cannot do justice to the how delicious the brisket and pork ribs are at Jack's.

When I got to Jack's I get one of 2 things: the brisket or the pork ribs. There is also chicken, turkey loaf, sausage and pulled pork to choose from the meats. Sides include corn, baked beans, mac and cheese, cucumber and tomatoes, potato salad, pole beans, cooked apples, potato chips and cole slaw.

The brisket is so GOOD! It is smoky and moist. Most of the time southern bbq is pork, so being able to get brisket is a treat, to say the least. The "man on the chopping block" where you order your meat, trims all the fat off the brisket before chopping or slicing the brisket onto your plate, so it is a nice lean meal. The flavor is just wonder and complex, and the visual smoke ring color is fantastic.

The ribs are served "dry" meaning no sauce, and Jack's says the ribs are St. Louis style ribs. At the end of the service line is self-serve sauces. There are all sorts of sauce styles, hot, XXX hot, sweet, and mild. The ribs are quite flavorful on their own, and most of the time the rib meat is moist.

When you eat in, the food is served on styrofoam plates with plasticware, and the tables are fashioned with rolls of paper towels if you need them. I did not post any pictures of my food because there is no picture that can do justice to how good the brisket and ribs are. When you are in Nashville, goto Jack's and see for yourself just how good smoked brisket and smoked pork ribs can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home