Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

December 18, 2009

Cozy Monster Burger

my gigantic cheddar bacon burger
with lettuce and tomato

When we were in NYC this time, it was Halloween weekend, and we had a baby baptism and wedding to attend. But, we did get to do some other things that were a big deal. We got to see the Halloween parade, with thousands of other people, we got to see the the general population of NYC in costume roaming the streets, I got to see two sections of the NYC Marathon, we to see many shops and markets on Bowery and Canal streets, we got to see a bunch of flea markets, we got to see holiday open area markets, and we got to see the All Saints Day festival. Every time we walked out of our hotel it was something fun, new and exciting! We didn't have any plans besides the family obligations, and we didn't need plans because there was so much going on in NYC. I miss living in a big city where there are a ton of things going on all over the city all the time, on the one hand, but on the other hand, I have really gotten used to the slow pace of life here, so I don' t know if I could keep up with the pace anymore. Our days and nights were so packed with things to do and things to see, and great weather to roam the city, that I was ready to come home and relax.

Before we left NYC, we had time for an early lunch before catching a plane, so we wanted to experience something cozy and very NYC. We needed to go to diner. Cozy Soup and Burger in Greenwich Village fits that bill. It was one of the favorite college haunts. It is always on the list of places to go to get the NYC diner experience. There are a few guys there that we recognize from nearly 30 years ago, so it was a bit like going home. Cozy's used to be only a diner counter back in the 1980s, but since then, they bought into the adjacent space, and now there is table service too. It was a nice low key way of ending our Halloween weekend in NYC.

Cozy Soup and Burger is open 24 hours per day, so if I would want a hamburger at 3 am, or 3 pm, the burger is available. This is one of the finest burgers in NYC. They keep the ground beef in a drawer, and then when you order a burger, they scoop out the beef and smash it onto the griddle to fry up the burger and then they put a dome over the burger to steam and melt the cheese. The texture of the burger is exceptional. The menu says the burgers are only 9 oz, but I suspect that it is closer to 12 oz, or 3/4 lb. If I lived in NYC, I would order a burger and fries, eat 1/2 for lunch and take the other 1/2 for another meal later, there is that much food on the plate. It probably is a good thing that I don' t live near Cozy's because I would eat these burgers all the time.

Cozy Soup 'n Burger on Urbanspoon

3 Comments:

At 12/21/09, 4:05 AM, Blogger Inés Beatriz said...

That burger looks so good! You should check out the blog "CITY MICE COLONY" if you like food. You can find a link to it in my blog.:) I think you'd really enjoy it if you like finding new places to eat!

 
At 12/21/09, 11:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ana, thanks! City Mice is really a nice blog! Makes me want to fly off to V, P, M, NY right now!

 
At 12/22/09, 1:35 AM, Anonymous Term Papers said...

This is a fantastic, yummy to see this blog, nice colorful food, O i feel hungry to see that, let me have one, Thanks for share this Yummy article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home