Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

February 20, 2010

Gimme a C S A

Brooke and Eric at the Nashville Farmer's Market 2009

Hurray! I am in, I slid in right at the possible moment before being tagged out. I am in the Bells Bend Farm CSA!!!!! YAY!!!! My former CSA - Hungry Gnome Farm can no longer provide a CSA do to a few factors. I will miss the HGF CSA, but I am happy to remain friends with the farmers behind the HGF. HGF suggested some other options for me and one of them was Bells Bend Farm CSA! YAY! I had met Eric and Brooke, really wonderful and friendly people who have started a really great movement to farm in the Bells Bend area of Nashville. The farmers at Bells Bend have learned a lot from the those who have come before them including HGF, so I am excited for May to come and we can start eating Bells Bend Farm fresh food!

I gotta say, I have a few requirements for making a CSA a part of my life, an extension how I do things, and something that is effortless as if I have always been in partnership with my food source. I really want a farm in Davidson County, or just over the border. I really want my food to be local. I want the CSA to drop off food at my house, downtown near my office, or on the weekend when I feel like I have the luxury of time to pick up my food. I also have been holding out for CSA protein like eggs. In years past, Hungry Gnome fit the bill. I never thought I would find another CSA that would fit my life like Hungry Gnome. Well, Hungry Gnome steered me towards Bells Bend Farm, and they can deliver to all my particular needs. The farm is in the Nashville area, they have a Saturday delivery day, and they have an egg option. I cannot be more thrilled. Yay!

Thanks Bells Bend Farm! Love ya already!

3 Comments:

At 2/23/10, 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lannae, drop us an email about dim sum: pickledandfried@gmail.com

 
At 2/23/10, 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm jealous!

 
At 3/9/10, 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nicole, maybe I can make you something to eat from my 1st basket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home