Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

June 2, 2010

That's a Wrap


I was lucky enough to be invited to the Wrap Party for the movie, Love Don't Let Me Down, that Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw were in Nashville filming this past winter. The movie hired many local people to do the the majority of the offscreen work, and it was a really nice boost to the local economy. The movie folks were nice enough to offer a really nice Wrap Party with food, drinks, and local musical entertainment. The movie folks rented out the Mercy Lounge and had Past Perfect cater the party. There was a lot of fun food available at the part. There was chicken on a stick, bison burgers, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, strawberries, chips, tortilla chips and dip, quesadillas, cheesecake, pigs in a blanket, egg rolls, wrap sandwiches, cheese and crackers, and other fun snacky foods. I really did like the baby bison burgers, and I appreciated a lot of the fresh fruit and veggies Past Perfect had to offer. What I realized about Past Perfect is that it serves food, I thought it was a nightclub by the looks of it from the outside on the few occasions I have been by there. Now I know, there is food and drink at Past Perfect.

What I really like from having Gwyneth Paltrow in town was that she created a whole blog page about her time in Nashville. What she wrote was really sweet, and she showcased many of the locally owned place I frequent. I am surprised I never ran into her while she was hanging out in and around town. Eh, maybe I did run into her, but I am not really an observant person, as I age, my eye sight is going, and I generally don't pay much attention to those eating around me when I am in a restaurant.

I am looking forward to Nashville cast and crew screening of the movie before it opens nationwide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home