Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

June 5, 2011

Scotch Egg


Scottish Egg with mustard sauce and arugula


opened Scottish Egg

There is a first time for everything, and this was my 1st Scotch Egg, or Scottish Egg. The traditional Scottish egg is a hard boiled egg, covered in sausage, covered in bread crumbs, all deep fried and then ready to eat at any temperature. I read that Scottish eggs are picnic food, so they are meant to be eaten cold like sandwiches, cold chicken, potato salad etc.

This one at the Sunset Grill deviates to make the traditional Scottish Egg better. Yes, you read it, Better. The Sunset Grill dish is a soft boiled farm fresh egg covered in house made chicken sausage and bread crumbs then deep fried, and served in a Dijon mustard cream sauce. This one at the Sunset Grill was really fun and tasty.

3 Comments:

At 6/6/11, 9:05 PM, Anonymous Nonoy said...

very interesting recipe. I wish I can go to Scotland and taste the food there. Thanks for the info and for your beautiful blog.:-)

 
At 6/6/11, 10:03 PM, Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh I have wanted to check out Sunset Grill for years now. Looking at these pictures makes me want to already be there!! Don't forget to give us an update on your vinegar.

 
At 6/7/11, 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping in Nonoy. I too would like to go to Scotland and try this food.

Hi Eco Friendly, I must say, Sunset Grill has food that is better than it needs to be. It is open late, so when I get back into town late and don't want to cook, Sunset always has a decent hot meal waiting for me to order. It is a solid restaurant, it is not fancy, crazy, trendy, it is just a good place to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home