Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

January 6, 2008

Vacation's Last Supper


The problem with vacation is that it must come to an end. The suspense of real life is over, and the reality of life comes back. We all disembarked at the Port of Miami, and it was almost time to leave the 80F breezy weather of Miami for 7F weather back home. This is what we saw and ate.
South Beach lounge chairs to relax

South Beach hard pack to jog

Gelato delivery service

Sofitel's bread and butter

La Riviera's romaine salad

La Riviera's version of the Cubana Sandwich

La Riviera's room
We holed up at the Sofitel Miami before taking off back to the northern cold lands. It was our last chance to dine and relax in the fine city of Miami. To our surprise, the hotel restaurant, La Riviera, was a tasty meal before leaving the warm sunshine. The service was excellent, the presentation was beautiful, and ingredients were fresh. As Matt always says, "It is obvious there is someone back in the kitchen who cares about what they are making." It was was a luxurious and lovely way to spend our last moments of vacation in 2007.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1/6/08, 12:06 PM, Blogger H said...

The gelato deliver service is a genius idea!

 
At 1/6/08, 12:07 PM, Blogger H said...

whoops, that should have been "gelato deliverY", etc.

 
At 1/6/08, 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heather, I agree, it is genius! One late night, as I was looking at hippies' street vendor jewelry table, I heard one of them calling for gelato. They said they would stay open as late as it take for the gelato to get to them. Sweet huh?

 
At 1/6/08, 2:24 PM, Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Love all of the Florida photos! Looks like a lovely trip - and all that warm weather, lovely sand, sigh.....

 
At 1/6/08, 9:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Katie, the warm weather and nice sand to walk on was truly wonderful. But, can it compare to the French Riviera?

 
At 1/7/08, 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! I could use a vacation, but I do not get one until March. And even then I am going to Colorado instead of a warm sandy beach.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with me.

 
At 1/7/08, 7:57 PM, Blogger winedeb said...

Oh Lannae, I just read all of your posts regarding Key West. I am glad you enjoyed your stay on our tiny island. I hope there is a next time when we can "get together" and I will show you the real Key West! Isn't south beach just a hoot! I would not want to live there but I love it for an escape from the real world!

 
At 1/8/08, 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi WineDeb, I hope there is a next trip to Key West! When that happens, I will buy you a beer, or a glass of wine! I would love to see more of the lovely island, and also sit back and relax with a cold drink in the tropical breeze. It was amazing ot me to see so many cats and chickens out and about. I totally get why people would want to relocated to th warm tropical Key West (when the northeast is getting hammered by freezing snow). What is your most favorite thing about Key West?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home