Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

March 27, 2006

Mabenka's in Chicago


Mabenka's
7844 S. Cicero
Chicago, Illinois


Mabenka's is a Polish restaurant with delicious homemade Polish and Lithuanian food. If you want to feel like you are eating a bit of your Eastern European Grandma's cooking, you need to go to Mabenka's in Chicago. You may not find it in the yellow pages, or on the internet, but believe me, Mabenka's is bigger than all that. The home made chicken and dumpling soup had fresh Spatlese noodles in it, and it goes well with the freshly made brown bread. The piroghis are like little Polish dim sum that are melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious treats.

UPDATE, for those who went to Mabenka's a week later had rather negative things to say about Mabenka's. They did not stick to the basics pf piroghis, chicken soup and bratwurst. Rather they made a complete U-turn at this restaurant, and did not like it at all.

My words of adivce for a Mabenka dining experience is to stick with the basics, and feel the love of a Grandma from Eastern Europe.

2 Comments:

At 4/6/07, 11:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

are you sure you have the right phone number for Mabenka's? It sounds like a cell phone for Ruth.

 
At 6/20/07, 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks J. I took the number off until I can find the real one. Yikes, I hope Ruth isn't mad about me posting her phone number by accident. But then again, people are not reading my blog all that much, so hopefully not too many people bothered her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home