Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

January 28, 2007

My Udon

I made a version of comfort food for myself, and that would be UDON! I love UDON! A simple noodle, broth, and chili pepper. I love the big noodles. I went over to my local Lao Trading Co. store on 8th Ave So. because they carry the widest variety of Asian Noodles in town. I got a cold case pack of Udon, and skipped in glee all the way home. I love UDON, did I tell you that yet?
The components in the package

The red pepper flakes

The finished soup product

The silver package with UDON flakes in it contained freeze dried tofu slices, tampura dots, scallions and nori. There was no directions that I could read on the package, so I dumped ALL the little packages into 2 cups of boiling water all at the same time. I put all the red pepper flakes, all the soup base, all the noodles, and all the freeze dried contents all in at once into the boiling pot for a few minutes. I put the finished soup in a bowl and added a few dots of chili sesame oil Aji. What came out was a very spicy hot soup. I now know that dump all packets except the red pepper flakes, and add those at the end to taste. I love UDON and I loved my bowl of soup!

tagged with:

2 Comments:

At 1/29/07, 11:37 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I'm really with you on the udon front, Lannae. That's one good thing about the food here in the Bay Area -- plenty of udon to be had!! And I like the wheat, smaller equivalent, although the name escapes me right now...

 
At 1/30/07, 11:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey C.M.! Udon is amazing! The next time you get Udon, think of me out here in the land of no good Asian food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home