Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

April 11, 2007

Las Vegas Cheap Eats

Is it possible to eat on the Las Vegas Strip for cheap? Rachel Ray eat your heart out! Yes indeed, it is possible to find a meal with a drink under $5 inlcluding tax and tip. Yes, you read that right. Here it is. One of my friends and I woke early enough, and took a 65 minute walk around the block. You have to understand, that blocks on the strip are about 1 mile square, or about 4 miles around the block. We passed by "Slots A Fun", not Slots o' Fun, or Lots of Fun, but "Slots A Fun". The allure of the slot machines that take pennies and nickels, and food counters saying pizza, subs and hotdogs were too much for us to pass up! We shuffled back to the hotel, collected the others, and walked back to Slots A Fun for our lunchtime meal.

We were not sport fans, but we felt welcomed into Slots A Fun for some fun there! I immediately queued up to the hotdog line, $0.99 per 1/2 lb hotdog, and add $0.50 for a laddle of chili on top. Onions, pickles and relish were free. That would be $1.49 for my meal! And, the best part about it, at the bar, there were $1.50 margaritas. How can you pass up a lunch for under $3 on the Strip?

Here is my lunch in all its glory! A 1/2 lb hotdog smothered in chili and sprinkle of onion. All that for less than $1.50! Amazing!


technorati tagged with:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4/12/07, 10:47 AM, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

That actually made me hungry! For a chili dog, I guess, but I'd have had a beer with mine.
Cute.

 
At 4/12/07, 6:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, a beer would be better, especially here. The beer was $0.99 on tap. That would total $2.48 for the meal. The only sticking point with the beer is that it was like PRB or the Black Lab but the 2nd label.

 
At 4/13/07, 10:54 PM, Blogger sher said...

Yes!! Come to momma! I love hot dogs. And I just read that they are very trendy now. :):)

 
At 4/14/07, 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hot dogs are trendy? Then I must be really tready eating 1/2 lb of hot dog! LOL :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home