Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

July 7, 2011

Puckett's


smoked brisket and 2 sides

Puckett's of Leiper's Fork, TN is a general store, automotive store, lunch counter, bathroom break, cool drink or coffee break place, and everything in between. On the few occasions I have been to the Leiper's Fork location, I have seen some locals run in for a few staples for their home like bread and milk, I have seen some hunters coming as their last stop for breakfast, bathroom and road food before heading out, I have seen a bunch of bicycle club people roll in for a gatorade and biscuit break before riding another 20 miles, and I have seen families and friends stop in (like myself) just because Puckett's of Leiper's Fork is the destination. Puckett's FINALLY! expanded into downtown Nashville at the 500 Church St location, centrally located for all those who work and live in in downtown Nashville.

Puckett's of Downtown Nashville is so popular at lunch time that there is always a waiting line out the door. We tried going before the symphony, and it was a line out the door. We tried to go one Saturday lunch, and there was a line out the door. I tried to go at 2 pm for a late lunch thinking the line out the door would be gone by then, and there still was a line! I tell ya, Puckett's Downtown Nashville has a good thing going. People love dining at Puckett's!

At the downtown location, Puckett's serves break and lunch everyday, and dinner everyday except Sunday, but if the Titan's play this year, they will serve dinner on Sunday on game days too. The weekend breakfast includes a brunch bar with all you can eat Southern goodness including thick cut bacon, eggs, oatmeal, grits, gravy, biscuits, toast, fruit, and at least 15 more items to choose from. The website says they will only serve brunch bar until 1 pm, but when we got there they will serve the brunch bar as long as there are people still eating off the brunch bar, and that was about 2 pm for us. We also got lunch items too. There is a giant smoker rig in the Downtown Nashville location, so all the smoked meats including pork, brisket, chicken, bologna area all smoked right there at 500 Church St. I am not sure they have smoked brisket everyday, but they have it on the weekends, so that is what I got. Very tender, smoky and delicious. The pulled pork was also good. I love the style of fries served here too. The award winning hamburger (so says the menu, but I am not sure what award it is) is a good solid choice if you want a hamburger. They folks sitting next to us got the spinach artichoke dip and chips app. It looked really good. Then the neighbors couldn't contain themselves and started tell us they come to Puckett's Downtown Nashville all the time, and always start with the spinach dip because it is so good! The neighbors live downtown and they get takeout from Puckett's when they don't feel like cooking at home. Yet another Nashville resident who loves Puckett's.

After typing up this blog post, I am thinking I have a taste for Puckett's Downtown Nashville. Perhaps, I will have to take stroll to Puckett's in the next day or two get my fix of Puckett's.

Puckett's 5th & Church on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

At 7/10/11, 6:45 PM, Blogger NICOLE said...

I've heard so many good things about the place - will make it someday I'm sure.

 
At 7/13/11, 10:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am not sure how many vegan options there are here, but I like it anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home