Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

March 1, 2013

Steamy

steamed mussels

Quick and easy meal planning? Yes, I am all about that.  So, this meal was super easy.  It is Friday, I kicked off work and drove up to the Nashville Farmer's Market and went to see the boys at Wild and Local.  I got a couple pounds of mussels that just arrived to their shop about 2 hours prior.  I took these beautiful mussels home steamed them for dinner.  As always, with my local components in everything I make, I steamed the mussels in Beachaven white wine, diced onion and minced garlic from Barefoot Farmer, cayenne pepper from my organic garden, butter I churned from JD Milk cream, and Matanzas Creek herb de Provence and lavender pepper.  It only took a few minutes to steam the mussels.  Excellent.

2 Comments:

At 3/4/13, 1:02 PM, Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

YOU ROCK!! I love how you cook with so many great local ingredients!

 
At 3/4/13, 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much Alicia! Local ingredients make everything taste better :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home