Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

July 30, 2006

Still no Violet Beauregarde

Yesterday, after one whole week of wanting to pick more blueberries to make blueberry crisp, blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, blueberries straight up, etc. I started out on my journey to go to the super secret blueberry patch. It was not raining at my house, and I thought YIPEEE! what a perfect berry day with no sun and cool July weather, so I started south on I-65 to Franklin with much anticipation. It got darker, stormier, and then it was pouring down buckets like in the movies. It was pouring so hard I almost had to pull over. My heart sank the further I drove into the storm. I got off the highway at the exit, and as I made my turn down the super secret road, it started to clear up some. By the time I got to the bluberry patch, it drizzled for anther 5 minutes, and it stopped raining. It turned out to be the best blueberry picking day yet! Ah, blueberries!

2 Comments:

At 7/31/06, 2:10 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

YUM! I can just taste the Tennessee blueberries from here! I'm glad you braved the storm. And if you feel inspired, my mom posted her (award-winning) Blueberry Almond Tart recipe on her blog (www.grandmasgarden.blogspot.com). That's the one I made for the block party, and it demands a lot of blueberries.
Out here in CA, blueberry season is just two more weeks. Wah! Then we'll be doomed to expensive Chilean tasteless berries through the rest of the year!!!

 
At 7/31/06, 7:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cakesy's Mama - Check out your July 12 entry. It is you who is the inspiration for my blueberry madness, and dreams of your prize winning tart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home