Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

February 10, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes

My blueberry picking addiction started back in July, and went straight through to September. In September I put up about 12 cups of blueberries in the freezer. I have made whole wheat blueberry muffins, I have eaten handfuls of frozen blueberries, and I have tossed a few berries on my granola. The other weekend, I asked Matt what he wanted for breakfast or lunch as it was a lazy 10:30 am, and we were moving a bit slowly. I heard him say "pancakes, I want to go to pancake's house." Ok, so, um, we were not going to pancake's house as that would in in North Dakota in winter.
So, I made some blueberry pancakes. I was surprised to have all the ingredients in the house! I usually am down 1 or 2 ingredients, but it was our lucky Saturday! Here it is, it makes 10, 3-4 inch pancakes enough for 4 people
1/2 c white flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1T olive or canola oil
1T maple syrup (the real stuff folks, not that chemical fake stuff)
1C club soda (or beer, but it was a bit early for beer)
A bunch of blueberries in each pancake

We each ate 2, as the whole wheat and blueberry portions of the pancake are really sustaining. We put a little real butter and little Trader Joe's Grade B Maple Syrup on the pancakes to eat them. Anyone out there who knows me, and happens to live near a Trader Joe's, and happens to have a giving spirit... I am down to about 4 oz of my 32 oz Trader Joe's Grade B (B as in BOY) Maple Syrup. There is no way to get good maple syrup here. I have been cooking with my TJ maple syrup sparingly because every drop is precious. I miss real maple syrup because I was so used to it when I lived up in Massachusetts. In MA, we could just jump in the car and drive north to New Hampshire or Vermont and get the real deal! Now, I live in the land of some corporate chemical syrup that makes your body cringe when you eat it. Back to the point, there is NOT one Trader Joe's anywhere in Tennessee, and there is NOT one in 150 miles in any direction. *sigh* with a bit of sound of an ugh in it. Someone help me, send me some real GRADE B maple syrup!

technorati tagged with:


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2/20/07, 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Cuisineguylaine, Thank you for stopping by, and seeing my pancake recipe. I love your website, and all the delicious food you make. I am glad that I found a translator, so I can read your site!

 
At 4/4/08, 12:51 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

Hey, I have all that stuff on hand, too!

And I bet you are very excited to hear the news about TJ's coming to Hillsboro Road. In the old Wild Oats location!

 
At 4/4/08, 3:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lesley, you know I am excited! That Maple Syrup is awesome! NicoleSauce.com got me some TJ maple syrup last time she was in the TJ city.

I think it is so awesome you experiment with cooking like you do! For the pancakes, I would add flavoring, like orange extract or vanilla extract. The dough is kind of plain otherwise. But, knowing you, you will experiment and make something really awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home