Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

September 4, 2010

Locally Made Dinner

cooking with local ingredients

Shell pasta - Lazzaroli Pasta
Bacon - Scott's Hams
Okra - Bells Bend Neighborhood Farms
Yellow Squash - Bells Bend Neighborhood Farms
Small Tomatoes - Bellos Bend Neighborhood Farms
Red Pepper - Bells Bend Neighborhood Farms
Cayenne Pepper - Smiley's Ridgetop
Basil - Bells Bend Neighborhood Farms
Garlic Scapes - Bells Bend Neighborhood Farms
Water - tap, Cumberland River - Metro Water Services

Dice all ingredients
Cook diced bacon in a fry pan over medium heat
Dump in diced squash, peppers and okra
Add minced garlic scapes and minced cayenne
Add 1/2 cup of water to make a little gravy
Cook until tender
Add whole baby tomatoes and heat for 2 minutes
Add cooked pasta and coat with gravy
At the last minute, stir in sliced basil

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9/6/10, 10:02 PM, Blogger Vivek said...

Looks great! I love the Bell's Bend farms - great people and great produce.

BTW, I think I'll be taking your advice. You'll see me on the 13th!

Best, Vivek
http://viveksurti.wordpress.com

 
At 9/7/10, 8:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Vivek, I am glad! Break a leg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home