Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

January 7, 2011

Traditional NYE


For 3 years in a row, we have decided to take our New Year's Eve meal at City House, followed up by a little Yee-Hawing sounds from Old Crow Medicine Show. Great meal, happy crowd, good music made for a really nice evening to greet the New Year. May we have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

the open kitchen


antipasti
cotechino over lentils
collard green rolls with rocotta and tomato sauce


antipasti
clabber cream with fennel, radish and cauliflower
egg salad, smoked trout on toast


primi
gnocchi over broccoli rabe


primi
mushroom lasagna


secondi
beef ragu over grits


secondi
seafood crepe


dolce
choco upside down cake

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1/7/11, 11:40 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Now THATS how you welcome a new year. WOW - love the collard green roll concept.

 
At 1/7/11, 4:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Erin, wish you were here to taste the yummy goodness of collard green rolls. I have joined a winter CSA, and I may just try this out. I have also learned how to make ricottta, so I think I can make the whole dish from local organic ingredients.

 
At 1/7/11, 10:48 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Wonderful! I hadn't stopped by in awhile, and it's great to catch up. Your photographs are second to none, it's ALMOST like being there.

 
At 1/9/11, 8:08 AM, Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

The mushroom lasagna looks wonderful, and oh my goodness that chocolate cake!What a way to ring in the New Year.Hope your New Year is Wonderfully Blessed.

 
At 1/9/11, 6:44 PM, Blogger Kendall said...

I've been in Nashville since August and still haven't been to City House! I've GOT to get there soon. My husband and I were at the Ryman for OCMS too!! They're my favorite band, and they really brought down the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home