Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

April 27, 2012

Waiting


Lots-A-Tots (R) - Hooters

While in L.A. I actually got to walk the Grammy's Red Carpet. Yes, the red carpet is like it is on TV, except it is in 3-D, it is wider, and it is horizontal to walk on. I had a ball walking down the red carpet in my discount after x-mas sale clothes, flip-flops with flowers on top, and a discount clothing store faux fox around my neck. The Man was up for 2 categories this year, and it just so happens that his categories were being announced one of the 1st and last slots, meaning we had about 3 hrs to kill in between the 2 announcements. So, what do you do for 3 hours while being held captive at L.A.'s Staple Center? That is right, you go find a bar close by. For anyone who has been to downtown L.A. near the Staple Center, there is virtually nothing there, and the few restaurants there are not open on Sundays and definitely closed Sunday afternoon, except for, you guessed it, Hooters. So, The Man, the band, crew, and me all in very spiffy dressy clothing walked over to the Hooters to kill 3 hours while awaiting the 2nd announcement.

There isn't much delicious at Hooters, IMO. Everyone says the wings, but I am not a fan. But, I think I did find one dish that is actually ok. Tots. Hooters tater tots. They were actually not bad, fried up crispy on the outside, and topped with real bacon bits, orange cheez sauce, scallions and sour cream. What is not to like about this dish? So we got an order of tots and a few rounds of drinks and waited. Boy, did we all look good sitting there in our outfits!

The outcome this year? O for 2, and a lifetime of 1 for 4. Yes, I get to live with a Grammy on the mantle. One day, I would like a friend for Grammy on the mantle, but it was not to be this year.

2 Comments:

At 4/29/12, 8:07 PM, Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh that is just so awesome that he was up for 2 Grammys and that you got to walk down the Red Carpet!

 
At 4/29/12, 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Alicia! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home