Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

August 26, 2006

My Fair Day-Dee

Every August, I work in Sandusky for a week, and I get to go to the County Fair. Sandusky is in Erie County, and is right next to Lake Erie. The weather was great this year, about 78F for the high, low humidity and plenty of sunshine. Because this is a fair in an area where Polish immigrants settled, the fair is lucky to have a local vendor for brats, sauerkraut balls, and cabbage and noodles. There are other fair food favorites like corn dogs, soda, ice cream, shaved ice, hot dogs, french fries, spiral fries, fried cheese, lemonade, kettle corn, pizza, funnel cake, waffles, candied apples, and many other choices.
Midway of Food

My Spicy Brat with peppers and onions

A bucket of shoestring potatoes, with an option of cheeze whiz topping

Sandusky Bay Kiwanis service club offiering great Ohio corn

Here is my corn

Pizza, popcon, cotton candy, candied apples to eat before riding the Zipper!

My shaved ice

My Toft's Ice Cream from the 4-H Club fundraising stand

My Lake Erie Walleye sandwich made by supporters of the Lake Erie Commercial Fishermen

Everything is funner on a stick, look at how fun a corn dog is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home