Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

October 21, 2006

Abundance

This is my last blog entry about this New York trip, and I have to return to the daily life of Nashville. Before I go back, I just want to think about the visuals of ordinary life in New York. There were so many thing and places to see, and all of them were stunning and photogenic. I ran out of room on the camera card, so I had to pick and choose which scene to keep, and which to delete. These are three of my favorite pictures of the abundance within little store fronts. I love looking at these pictures because views like these going on all over the city, and these photos just make me think of the humanity that thrives behind every door in New York.

Used and antique light fixtures for sale.

Treats like dried fruit, handmade candy, teas and deli specialties like belly lox for sale.

The first flower and fruit stand in the city. A classic combination of gifts for your sweetheart!

4 Comments:

At 10/21/06, 4:31 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

What wonderful photos! They remind me of some pictures I took in Germany at a market a few years ago and I used up all our film on photos of things like piles of apples and my husband was a little miffed, but I love pictures like these. Abundance indeed!

 
At 10/22/06, 10:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I totally laughed out loud while reading your comment because I can see that scene playing out! I totally know what you mean! I used up 1/2 our gigabytes in the first 4 hours just with pictures like this.

 
At 10/25/06, 10:46 AM, Blogger Cliff Notes & Sierra Nurse said...

Lannae,

Some advice if you know?

I have to be in Nashville next week for business, so I'll miss seeing all the festivities here in Memphis on Halloween night.

Do you know where there might be good people watching and/or parties in the downtown Nashville area?

 
At 10/26/06, 6:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Cliff Notes, Bon Voyage! Check out my comment on 13 most haunted places on your blog. I hope you have a good trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home