Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

March 21, 2013

High Desert


This is what I saw in AZ as we drove west.  There is a lot of nothing but desert.  No cars, no trees, and no residents.  There a lot of sand and scrub, and that is about it.  The landscape and lack human inhabitation was freaking me out a bit.  I am a "city girl" having lived most of life in highly dense areas of Boston, Phila and Nashville, and these wide open spaces like the AZ dessert freak me out.  There was no cell phone service in the AZ desert, and there is no incentive for phone companies to put towers in the vast desert because there are no people to use cell phones there and there is no profit.  What happens if the car would break down or something would happen to me, who would hear me or find me?  The high desert is what isolation nightmares are made of.

I am home now in my densely populated area of Nashville where I know many of my kind neighbors and in my home is the Man and the Cat.  It is comforting for me to be home.    

1 Comments:

At 3/27/13, 3:30 PM, Anonymous Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

It really does sound like you are glad to be home! I don't like going where there is no phone service either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home