Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

April 2, 2006

Woodlands come alive in Nashville

Woodlands - Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
3415 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN
615-463-3
005
This restaurant is in the condo high-rise right next to the I-440 and West End Ave. interchange, and it is nearly impossible to make a left into the parking lot for this building during business hours. There is barely any parking, and this restaurant space has been "cursed" for as long as I have lived in Nashville. There were some mediocre to bad restaurants in this space until now. Woodlands Vegetarian is tasty and I did not miss the meat in these spicy meatless dishes. We got a couple combo plates, which is enough for 2 - 3 people.
The lentil and bean dishes were cooked well and not pasty, the soup we had was a simple spicy broth that started off our dinner well, and the breads tasted fresh and hot. The prices are so reasonable, and there will be food leftover to take home. There was little to no use of cream, so the food will not weigh you down, rather the food made me feel like I was doing something nurturing for myself. I felt great eating this food! The Nashville Scene food critic Kay West suggested that Woodlands may be bring the cursed location to the end of the curse, and I would have to agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home