Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

February 17, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year! The above writing means: I wish peace and serenity to all families all over the world. My Chinese teacher at the Chinese Tea Party hand painted the above wish for the world. This type of red banner with a Chinese New Year wish is usually glued onto the the front door, or on the wall next to the front door of the home, and is left there all year long. Since my blog is a virtual front door for me, I am pasting up the lovely banner at the top of this blog entry at the beginning of the Chinese New Year!

While you are here, please take a lucky package! In side, there is money for a wish of prosperity, candy for abundance, and a dried plum for good health.

And of course, have an orange too! It is a symbol of good luck for the Chinese New Year!

Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous Chinese New Year 4705, the Year of the Golden Boar!

technorati tagged with:


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2/19/07, 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Jackson, Gong Hei Fat Choi! May the year of the Golden Pig bring lots of good luck and book readers and book buyers to your beautiful bookstore. And may the year of the Golden Pig bring your the best Cafe Chef your country has to offer!

 
At 2/19/07, 10:03 AM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

^_^ Before reading, I thought those words were written by you. It is my favorite phrase.

 
At 2/19/07, 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year Fish Fish! I tried to write these myself, but my brush strokes are messy, and not good. I wish you peace with all your travels all over the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home