Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

March 24, 2012

Local Pickled Yummies

It is so dang fun to run across local people doing really cool things, like Kristin making pickled yummies! I ran across her Kickstarter page Pickle Me This, and her Facebook Page and I was intrigued. You know me, I love local and local organic ingredients, and this gal is doing just that. She picks up a lot of her fruits and veggies from the local farmers, and packs 'em into pickling jars and preserves them. How fun is that? She has one that is pickled plums. I am so anxious to try the plums!

One thing that I love about Kristin's product is that the her product is shelf stable, stabilized in the old fashioned canning way (not in the yucky chemical way)! I live in a small house, I don't have a lot of freezer space, so I was considering canning as a way to preserved food for winter. Canned/jarred food can be stored under beds, under couches, in the corner of a closet without any electricity to keep it in its state stable state. I have a lot of space under the bed, just not in the freezer. Once the jar is open, the un-eaten portion can be fridged for up to a month.

I love this stuff, and you might too! Go check out the Kickstarter page Pickle Me This!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home