Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

December 20, 2006

Lazy Cookies

Ok, at one time, along time ago, when I was young, in my 20s, and many lbs lighter, I used to make cookies. I used to make cookies using my Great-Aunt Isabelle's recipes of hand sifted flour, real butter, and the best fruits and chocolates. Great-Aunt Isabelle had terrible arthritis in her fingers and hands, and she never complained about the pain when she was sifting, stirring, and rolling out the dough. Everything she baked was lovingly done by hand. In the honor of her memory, I made her cookies. Anyway, these days, my friends and myself are older, many lbs heavier, and avoiding the sweets as best as we can. The last time I think I made a real cookie was 4 yrs ago.

For one reason and another, I was making cookies to take to functions, so I cheated. I got a roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, and was considering what to do with it. I have never cheated at cookies before, as I feel like I am letting down my Great-Aunt Isabelle. There is nothing like a real butter cookie, especially the one my Great-Aunt made. So, I embarked on this pre-made cookie dough affair. I had to do something to help along these cookies that are generic and manufactured. I thought Chocolate! Everyone loves Chocolate!

I took out a large very good 70% chocolate bar, and I hand cut up the bar until it was small little pieces like chocolate sprinkles. I added a shake of cinnamon and cayenne and I was in business. I cut up the dough into small size pieces, like the size of bouncing balls you get for $0.25 in the toy vending machines at the grocery store, then I rolled them in the chocolate, cinnamon and cayenne pepper mix.
These are what the cookies looked like. They were light, airy, and had a nice coating of excellent chocolate on the outside, that melted in the fingers of those who ate them. There was a light cinnamon tone to them, but I did not add enough cayenne pepper, so the chocolate flavor aftertaste was not enhanced by the cayenne. Next time, more pepper. When we, and and all of our friends meet our New Years resolution of losing wt, I will embark on making cookies the way my Great-Aunt Isabelle would have made them.

2 Comments:

At 12/27/06, 10:24 AM, Blogger J.J. said...

Those cookies look quite good!

I live around the same area as you(Nashville), so it's really interesting to see all of your reviews of restaurants and such. Post more! :)

 
At 12/27/06, 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for reading my blog Lauren! That is so nice of you! I will post more about restaurants in and around Nashville.

Good luck with your cooking, and your breakfast meal looks terrific!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home