Lannae's Food and Travel

I hope you like my food and travel blog.

December 9, 2006

It is Chilly for Chili

We are having record cold temperatures here (low of 16F) and everytime the weather gets cold, I like to make chili. Here are some of my ingredients. I put them all into the crock pot over night, and ta-da, it is ready to pack in a tupperware for lunch.
What I normally put into my chili is fresh chorizo, Boca Burger faux ground beef, lean ground beef, garlic, pablano pepper, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, small red beans, a whole dried ancho, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, chili seasoning, dried ancho powder, ground annatto, dried red pepper flakes, some red wine, and some stock.
I am pressed for time usually with work and running taking up most of my time, and that leaves me being a lazy cook. Thank goodness for crockpot cooking to save me time, and provide me with delicious food. So, I woke up in the morning, stuck some red beans into some water, and went to work. I got home from work, drained the soaked beans, diced up the veggies, and tossed them into the crockpot with all the other spices and ingredients and turned the crock on low. The next day, I asked, "Is it soup yet?" And it was. Yum! A nice winter meal that cooked itself.

2 Comments:

At 12/12/06, 10:29 AM, Blogger Fish Fish said...

I'm thinking of getting a crockpot too. Kinda using too much time working in the kitchen at night.

 
At 12/12/06, 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My crockpot is a small 3 quart size. It still makes a lot of food though. I usually eat some, then I freeze some in tupperware for lunches later. Good luck in deciding on a crockpot! I look forward to fish fish adventures in crockpot cooking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home